Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nigel & Evanne Memories: Random Siouxsie...

I was listening to Face to Face (you tube)

I remember Nigel and I were happy that it was so heard like on the RADIO...being on the Batman Soundtrack... and kinda feeling that sellout vibe.- Okay, well, I may have said something like that and he gave me that look... It could scream...how dare you..or Whaaa? or in this case... TAKE IT BACK.
That Look..you know the one.
I, of course, rolled my eyes.

He would say something like "never dare to blaspheme the holy Sioux"

I sent this to him in an email when I converted to Judaism
Then we spent like an hour trying to hit those notes at the end ( you'll neverrr knoooowowowowowohuh!) ... I think my cat TheEeevilMurray hissed and hid under the bed.

I, out of the two of us, could butcher a note like nothing you have ever seen. He never complained. He did say I sang better than Kelly. (ha)

Needless to say I never tried out for any musicals at NWS. My windows are rolled up when I am belting out a tune in the car...no need to scare the chillens.

It was never enough Siouxsie...never enough, rewind, rewind, rewind (check), fast fwd, (check) and repeat (yes kids, we had cassettes - we was PO!)

WHY DO YOU THINK WE MADE MIX TAPES?? Convenience. Plus, the ffwd/rew was a skill you had to master. He was really good at it. I sucked. He had those long artistic fingers...I have stubby garden gnome sausages.


So kids...IMAGINE THE THRILL OF pushing ONE button - Repeat -

Dear G-d CDs were the most amazing thing. When I stole.. borrowed...snuck off with... requisitioned Scott Peters' CD player boombox... that sucker went into my car with 17 D cell batteries.
It was our PRECIOUS.

We scoured Vintage Vinyl. Waiting to score that victory item..the elusive Siouxsie CD.

So today, when I was listening to my Siouxsie Playlist (itunes mix tape)...
These were the lyrics that made me look over in the passenger seat and remember him singing.


Face to Face - Siouxsie and the Banshees

Another life
another time
We're Siamese twins writhing intertwined
Face to face
no telling lies
The masks they slide to reveal a new disguise
You never can win
it's the state I'm in
This danger thrills and my conflict kills
They say follow your heart
follow it through
But how can you
when you're split in two?
And you'll never know
You'll never know

Nigel...remember? Singing to me and to her.
holding the cd player like a baby so you could get that "surround sound"

never forget.
evanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment